On behalf of the Wesley Primary School Board of Trustees, staff and students I would like to extend a very warm welcome to you and your family/whanau.
Wesley Primary School is a multicultural learning community situated in Mount Roskill. We celebrate the diversity of the learners within our school and believe in building strong relationships/partnerships with whanau to enhance student success. Staff, students and whanau alike respect each other and our environment.
Our vision, Ki te Marama – Towards Enlightenment is aspirational and aims to keep student’s dreams alive. We believe in creating a quality world where students are safe and happy, develop positive attitudes towards learning and achieve success academically, physically, emotionally and socially.
The five values that underpin who we are at Wesley Primary School are:
- valuing diversity
- innovation, inquiry and curiosity
We strive for students to:
- be effective and confident communicators
- have a strong sense of self efficacy
- be literate and numerate
- persevere to overcome challenges
- respect and value others
- use ICT tools to enhance their learning
- be involved in and articulate their own learning
- learn off each other
- engage in meaningful, memorable and motivating learning